The EMC Expert was awarded with the MCDM Edgeworth-Pareto Award during the 22nd International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making.
The MCDM Edgeworth-Pareto Award is the highest distinction that the International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making bestows upon a researcher who, throughout their career, has established a record of creativity to the extent that the field of MCDM would not exist in its current form without the far-reaching contributions from this distinguished scholar.
The MCDM International Society has approximately 2,000 members in 94 countries. The purposes of the Society are to develop, test, evaluate and apply methodologies for solving multiple criteria decision making problems; to foster interaction and research in the scientific field of multiple criteria decision making; and to cooperate with other organisations in the study of management from a quantitative perspective. These purposes are fulfilled by:
- facilitating communications
- providing academic assistance with ideas, methods and contacts whenever and wherever needed
- sponsoring international conferences for the dissemination of results
- encouraging special purpose workshops and student exchanges
- encouraging an environment of international colleagueship and friendship across the globe
The International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making takes place every two years, and was this time hosted in Malaga, Spain from 17th - 21st June 2013. For more information, please visit: http://www.mcdm2013.decytec.ccee.uma.es./