What is it like to work on the trading floor of the most active energy markets? What are the key insights needed to trade competitively in oil and gas?
Energy supplies become an ever-more valuable commodity due to strong competition for safe and affordable sources, making energy trading a complex challenge. However, this sector also offers a great opportunity for young talent looking to make an impact.
A life-changing opportunity and major career boost: that is the promise of ESCP's Energy Society in London upon launching the Energy Trading Challenge. Taking place on 24th and 25th February at ESCP Business School’s London campus, the event is organised by MSc in Energy Management (MEM) students with the support of Smart Global, ESCP Europe, and the ESCP's Energy Management Centre (EMC).
- Benefit from two eight -hour days of professionally-crafted trading scenarios representing two full months in the energy industry
- State-of-the-art real-time web-based trading simulator, including: market grid, deal entry, position keeping via a professional exposure sheet, news feed and charting
- Meet international experts who have worked at major trading houses and energy companies
- Professional traders providing crucial insight sessions throughout the challenge, including helping with trading concepts and techniques
- Prize giving ceremony at the end of the second day
- Entry open current university students
- Attend an Energy Trading Conference held in tandem with the event - more information is available here.
- No entry fee
What do you need?
- Teams should consist of 2-5 members with a maximum limit of two teams per university/university college
- At least one person on your team* requires a laptop capable of connecting to a wifi network
- Up-to-date web browser (latest edition installed)
Register your team now!
- Visit energytradingchallenge.com
- Fill out the registration form
- Deadline is 11th February
About the ESCP Energy Society
The ESCP Energy Society is a student association based at the School’s London campus. It’s open to all ESCP students, alumni and academic staff.
The aim of the Energy Society is to engage ESCP students in industry related events, maximise networking opportunities and help them develop professional skills through a range of activities:
- Panel discussions and debates led by top experts
- Promotion of energy-related initiatives and latest developments in the industry
- Collect and share energy-related articles and publications through social media to promote constructive discussion among its participants
Established in 1819, ESCP has educated generations of leaders and entrepreneurs. With its six urban campuses in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin and Warsaw, ESCP's true European identity enables the provision of a unique style of cross-cultural business education and a global perspective on international management issues.
ESCP welcomes 4,000 students and 5,000 executives from 90 different nations every year, offering them a wide range of general management and specialised programmes (Bachelor, Master, MBA, Executive MBA, PhD and Executive Education).
About Smart Global
Smart Global offers a highly distinctive and innovative range of consultancy services to the energy trading sector. Established in 2008 by a group of former BP plc energy traders, we draw on a wealth of experience in the oil and gas markets spanning over three decades.
The company has grown rapidly into an innovative provider of value-adding services to a diverse range of global customers including oil producers, state-owned oil companies, trading houses, integrated oil companies, refiners and marketers.
About the Energy Management Centre
The EMC's Mission is to build a strong proactive partnership between energy corporations, government agencies and the academic community, in preparation for a new energy era. This will be achieved through the promotion of rigorous and objective empirical research on issues related to energy management, finance and policy, in order to support decision-making by both government and industry.