We are delighted to report the great success of the 53rd Meeting of the Euro Working Group on Commodities and Financial Modelling (EWGCFM) and 2nd International conference of the Energy Management Centre (EMC) at ESCP Business School. The 2014 conference brought together over 120 international participants and top leading academics from the best institutions across Europe and North America.
Distinguised invited speakers were Konstantinos Ksifaras, CEO, DESFA and Javier Suarez, Executive Director, Mediobanka Securities UK. Attendees discussed the latest on financial modelling, risk management, asset pricing, commodities modelling and regulation, and energy management.
Dr. Kostas Andriosopoulos, Executive Director of the EMC, Spiros Papaefthimiou, Assistant Professor, Technical University of Crete and Constantin Zopounidis, Director, Financial Engineering Laboratory and Professor, Technical University of Crete, welcomed participants and delivered the opening remarks.
The EMC is pleased to announce the following key facts of our successful event:
- Over 120 participants from the most prestigious organisations, universities and business schools of Europe and the Americas met at the conference to share their knowledge and exchange ideas.
- + 100 international presenters.
- The event offered the opportunity to visit the Manousalis Winery on 23 May.
- On 22 May, attendees benefitted from excellent networking opportunities at the Conference Dinner hosted at MINOA PALACE RESORT & SPA, Chania, Crete.
- 75 papers were carefully selected and will be published in special issues of the Journal of Energy Markets and the Energy Systems. Participants of the Confernece in Chania will also benefit from additional special issues in prominent peer-reviewed journals for submitting their work.
On 24 May, Dr. Kostas Andriosopoulos, Executive Director of the EMC; Rita D'Eclessia, University of Rome - La Sapienza and Chair of the EWGCFM; Spiros Papaefthimiou, Technical University of Crete, Greece and Constantin Zopounidis, Technical University of Crete thanked Keynote speakers, their fellow distinguished guests and the event's audience for sharing key insights in fascinating debates.
Pictures of the event are available here.
The EMC's mission is to build a strong proactive partnership between academia, industry and government, to debate the challenges of the new energy era.