The 51st Meeting of the Euro Working Group on Commodities and Financial Modelling (EWGCFM) and 1st Conference of the Energy Management Centre (EMC) & the International Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance (ICSTF) was held from 16th - 18th May, 2013 at the ESCP Europe London campus.
The 2013 Conference was organised by the RCEM at ESCP Europe Business School in collaboration with the ICSTF at Cass Business School, under the auspices of the Euro Working Group on Commodities and Financial Modelling.
The meeting provided an excellent platform for researchers and practitioners to share crucial insights and to reveal new research results on the theory and modern practice of modelling, risk management and asset pricing. A special emphasis was placed on commodities modelling and regulation within the framework of our workshop 'Recent Developments on Energy Modelling and Regulation'.
Dr. Kostas Andriosopoulos, Executive Director of the Energy Management Centre (EMC) at ESCP Europe Business School and General Conference Chair, Dr. Patrick Gougeon, Director of the EMC and ESCP Europe London Campus and Conference Co-Chair, Professor Nikos Nomikos, Cass Business School and Conference Co- Chair and Professor Rita D'Eclessia, University of Rome - La Sapienza and Chair of the EWGCFM, welcomed participants and delivered the opening remarks.
The EMC is pleased to announce the following key facts of our successful event:
- 170 attendees representing more than 20 nationalities met at the conference to share their knowledge and exchange ideas.
- 120 presenters from 32 countries.
- A truly International conference, this event gave representatives from the most prestigious organisations, universities and business schools of Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific region & Latin America the opportunity to participate in a stimulating and thought-provoking event.
- The event offered the opportunity to visit the HMS Belfast, the Royal Navy light cruiser built in 1938 and now a museum ship, on the 16th May.
- On 17th May, attendees beneficiated from excellent networking opportunities at the Gala Dinner hosted at Hotel Russell.
- Participants also had the opportunity to sightsee in London on the 18th May.
- Francesco Paris' € 500 prize for best paper contribution by a young scholar (PhD student or young researcher) was awarded during the Gala Dinner on 17th May. The recipient was Ingmar Ritzenhofen from WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management.
On 18th May, Dr. Kostas Andriosopoulos, Executive Director of the EMC at ESCP Europe Business School and General Conference Chair, Dr. Patrick Gougeon, Director of the EMC and ESCP Europe London Campus and Conference Co-Chair, Professor Michael Tamvakis, Cass Business School and Conference Co- Chair and Professor Rita D'Eclessia, University of Rome - La Sapienza and Chair of the EWGCFM, thanked participants and delivered the closing remarks.