The conference will take place from 28th – 31st August 2016 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The event will focus on energy economic issues of the Caspian region.
Dr. Kostas Andriosopoulos, Executive Director of ESCP's Energy Management Centre (EMC), has been invited to speak at the session on "Regional Energy Security" scheduled on 30th August, 2016.
The session will be chaired by Bakhtiyar Aslanbayli, Vice President, Communications & External Affairs, Strategy & Region BP, Azerbaijan
- John Roberts, Atlantic Council Dinu Patriciu Eurasia Center, Senior Partner with Methinks Ltd, UK
- Orkhan Zeynalov, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Former ECO (Economic Cooperation Organization) Director for Energy & Environment, Azerbaijan
About the 1st IAEE Eurasian Conference
Oil and gas producing countries in the Caspian region have experienced rapid economic growth over the last decade under high energy prices, while they are suffering today from cheap oil. Does the Caspian region have the potential to become an important energy supplier for European and global markets under reduced prices? What are the oil & gas price dynamics and expectations? What is the economics of unlocking the rich oil and gas reserves of the Caspian region? What are the diffusion prospects for alternative and renewable energy projects under low energy prices in the region? How can regional energy security be assured? Answers to these questions and many others will be sought in Baku under many exciting sessions featuring lively discussions with renowned international speakers.
With its informal social functions, the conference will provide a unique opportunity for networking and enhancing communication amongst energy professionals from business, government, academia and other circles worldwide.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Petroleum Economics
- Geopolitics of Energy
- Energy Markets and Regulation
- Challenges in Gas Supply and Transportation
- Regional Energy Markets
- Energy Policy for Sustainable Development
- Energy Supply, Demand and Economic Growth
- Regional Electricity Trade
- Energy Efficiency and Storage
- Regional Strategies for Alternative and Renewable Energy
To find out more information about the event, please click here.
"The EMC's Mission is to build a strong proactive partnership between academia, industry and government, to debate the challenges of the new energy era."