We are pleased to announce that 22 students of the Executive Master in Energy Management (EMEM) will participate in their annual study trip to Rio de Janeiro from 15th - 19th June, 2015. The seminar is co-organised with the Energy Management Centre and the Fundação Getulio Vargas, historical ESCP Europe academic partner in Brazil.
The programme includes several lectures on topics about the Brazilian power system such as:
• Energy Matrix Planning
• Institutional structure of electric sector
• Brazilian hydrothermal Power System and Market
• Electricity markets and pricing issues
• Latin American integration opportunities
• Local regulatory framework, among others
International speakers include:
• Amaro Pereira, Technical Advisor EPE and Visiting Professor, University of Grenoble
• Pedro David Moretz, Assistant Director, Electricity of the Energy Research Company ( EPE )
• Paulo Mayon, Senior Director and partner, COMPASS (electrical trading company)
• Roberto Brandão, Corporate Finance Consultant in the electricity sector, Eletrobras, Furnas, Chesf, Alusa
• Wagner Freire, Experienced Engineer awarded with the title of Offshore Industry Pioneer
• Nelson Narciso, President, NNF Energy Consultancy
• Armando Cavanha, Professor, FGV and Board Advisor, National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels
• Antônio Claudio Correa, Strategic Planning Assessor, Pré-Sal Petróleo S. A.
In 2016, the EMC and The Centre d’Etudes et de Recherche Amérique Latine Europe (CERALE) will host a conference on "Capitalising on Managerial and Cultural ties between Europe and Latin America to promote Sustainable Development". This will provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and to present new research results on the theory and modern practice of modelling, risk management, asset pricing and energy management.
More details will be announced in due course.
"The EMC's Mission is to build a strong proactive partnership between academia, industry and government, to debate the challenges of the new energy era."