ESCP Europe Business School and its Energy Management Centre (EMC) are delighted to invite you to the 3rd Annual Conference on Energy Arbitration and Dispute Resolution in the Middle East and Africa organised by The London Centre of International Law Practice (LCILP). The Conference will once again be directed by Brandon Malone, Director, LCILP.
Taking place on 6th-7th March in London, this year's conference will be hold in association with Herbert Smith Freehills LLP. The event will focus on a broad range of technical, economic and diplomatic factors that affect Dispute Resolution in the Middle East and Africa. The conference will provide a deep understanding on the impact of oil price variations and regional security issues across the continent.
The keynote address will be delivered by Funke Adekoya, Vice President, International Council for Commercial Arbitration. For the first time, the conference will feature an Oxford-style debate on the question “This House believes that Investment Arbitration is Finished”.
The conference brings together policy makers and government representatives, national and international energy companies, major stakeholders, arbitration institutions, energy organisations, practitioners and academics. It will represent a chance for practitioners and other industry experts to engage in an elevated examination about the regional practice of Dispute Resolution in the Energy Industry.
Topics will include:
- Energy poverty in energy rich countries: causes, energy security strategies, renewable energy sources and micro-generation.
- Regional focus on East Africa: Tanzania and Kenya.
- Arbitration and peace: dispute resolution in destabilised jurisdictions.
- The Impact of the One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative on the Middle East and Africa: relations with South Asian countries, energy infrastructure and diplomatic aspects.
- Funke Adekoya, Vice President, International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Craig Tevendale, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Reza Mohtashami QC, Freshfields
- Professor Peter Cameron, CEPMLP
- Andrew Cannon, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Rukia Baruti, AILA
- Sarah Keay-Bright, Energy Charty Treaty
- Ana Stanic, E&A Law
- Dr Emilia Onyema, SOAS University of London
- Iain Maxwell, Herbert Smith Freehills
How to attend
Registration is now open.
Early bird price of £720 + VAT will be in place until 31st January 2018.
EMC Members, ESCP Europe Students and Alumni benefit from a 15% discount on registrations.
> Register online using the code MECR15 to save 15%
To find out more, please visit the event's site.